Monday, August 15, 2011

Chiang Mai 2011

Safety FirstWalking Street FreakYou Need Tuk Tuk?The Pursuit of PowerMaa in SoiRoad Lines
Rat With WingsAmerican InvasionNew Kicks Made OldFor BuddhaClassic TransportationAncient Glories
Walking Street Beats

Chiang Mai 2011, a set on Flickr.

This is about the non touristy stuff that I see in my travels around what is my favourite place in the world, Chiang Mai, Thailand.

No matter how many times I have been to Chiang Mai, I always find something new to enjoy and capture my imagination.

Whether it is the way that the multitude of power lines overlap and run endlessly along narrow alleyways or the faded Buddha statues in long forgotten gardens or the small artist studios, coffee shops and bars in hidden gardens behind and along Nimmanhemin Road, I always find something that brings me back.

Lots of people ask me what I love about Chiang Mai and I find it a really hard thing to describe and to explain, maybe you should come and spend some serious non touristy time here and you might come to understand that it gets under your skin, the beauty, the poverty, the traffic, the noise and dirt, the quiet gardens, the monsoonal rains, constant sweating and buzz buzz of endless Honda Dreams and the bell ringing of the Icecream Man pushing his silver cart along the narrow alleyways of the Old City past hidden architectural treasures...

All in here is Shot and Edited with an IPhone 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment