Wednesday, August 8, 2012

3 Days in Amsterdam

I was lucky enough to return to Amsterdam last year after not visiting for over 16 years! I had been to Amsterdam at least 5 or 6 times previously when I used to go for party weekends when I lived in London and it had always been somewhere I loved to return to.


The architecture, canals, museums, cafes, bars, bicycles, cold beer, tall women and just the general feel of the place.


Sure like any other city it has it's famous seedy side and streets lined with stoned backpackers and red light windows, that seemed to cater to every taste, however, these areas are only part and parcel of a much larger and very vibrant city, that wears its histroy well.



I spent 3 nights in Amsterdam being guided around by a friend, Amy, who has lived there for over 6 years, so she knew all the best places to go.



We mostly just walked, talked, hung out and enjoyed one of the most beautiful cities in Europe, if not the world.



Although it was summer, the weather was very mild, even cold, with bits of rain and overcast skies for most of the time I was there. It was only one brief afternoon where the sun shined and I got to see Amsterdam in its best light.

Hope you enjoyed these pics and the ones below!

More pics here: More Amsterdam Photos

Please let me know what you think, sign up via RSS Feed or email and pass this onto anyone you know who might be interested.

Thanks for your time...

Rob Steer









2 comments:

  1. Those red shutters are stunning and the way the shadows of the trees fall across them just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim for taking the time to comment!

      That's one of my fave pics from the the set, as there was very little direct sunlight while I was in Amsterdam and it just suddenly popped out from behind some clouds and lit up this building.

      Regards,

      Rob

      Delete