Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Clouds Over Nong Kiaw




While on a 2 week road trip through North Eastern Laos in September 2011, I arrived with my friends at a small riverside town, Nong Kiaw, which straddles both sides of the bridge over the Ou River along on Highway One.



We arrived quite late in the evening, so didn't really know what the area was actually like. We were also exhausted after a very long drive in trying and dangerous conditions, including landslides and numerous animals and children on the road.


After managing to find somewhere to stay, a bamboo bungaloo on stilts overlooking the dark Ou River, somewhere below me, we found some food and slept very early (for me at least!).

These pics are what I woke up to....


Enjoy and let me know what you think.

Rob Steer






More Pics

No comments:

Post a Comment